The GAMAE Garifuna Arts for Youth and Young Adults Empowerment Training Program (GGAYYAETP)
PROMOTING EMPOWERMENT THROUGH THE ARTS
The GAMAE Garifuna Arts for Youth and Young Adults Empowerment Training Program (GGATTAETP) will support our youth and young adults in implementing community projects once they feel they have come up with a good strategy and the GAMAE Team will support them along the way. Allowing them to carry out their vision with the encouragement and coaching support that will be an empowering experience that will let them feel supported throughout the process of the Program.
The GAMAE Garifuna Arts for Youth and Young Adults Empowerment Training Program (GGATTAEP) will:
- Give the youth and young adults tools to collaborate and problem solve, brainstorm and reflect.
- Encourage the students and participants to use their passions for good.
- Guide them to believe that their voice matters without judging or criticizing their ideas.
- Guide them to understand that people will not always want to listen, just because we would like them to but to not take it personally.
- Help them learn that sometimes even the most fabulous idea may need a bit more logistical planning.
- Help youth develop habits, that in the end, they can sustain without ‘suggestions’ or prodding.
- Give youth a chance for them to fail but help them to learn to succeed.
- Employ storytelling of successful youth leadership to counteract negative messages about young people.
- Invite the youth to launch community projects and ideas and support their progress.
- Support and become involved with the “RISE FOR YOUTH” Program.