- Academic excellence and integrity
- Outstanding teaching and services
- Scholarly research and professional leadership
- Integration of teaching, research, and service
- Individual and collective excellence
- Diversity, equity, and social justice
- Education of individuals across the life span
- Collegiality and collaboration
- A literate and educated citizenry is vital to a democratic society.
- All people are entitled to a high-quality education, grounded in sensitivity to individual dignity, professional integrity, and a positive and nurturing environment.
- A dynamic education system fosters an equitable, productive economy in a global environment.
- Teaching and learning should be informed by scholarly research and effective practice.
- School improvement should be based on sound research, the application of theory as it relates to effective practice, policy development, and collaboration with practitioners.
- Technology should be used to improve the quality of teaching and learning, research and scholarship, and outreach to the state, nation, and the world.
Eleanor Castillo Bullock
DIRECTOR, GAMAE ARTS AND CULTURE